Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Wrap Up- The Lights

Its about this time each year that i get a little sad, its all over for another year. People who know me, know that I am a christmas nerd. Apart from the usual good food, friends, family and gifts, for me its a holiday all about styling; Styling the tree, styling the house (inside and out), styling the food, styling the gift wrap, styling myself. Christmas for me starts in October with the styling of many a christmas tree for upcoming catalogues.

Christmas for me is a time for tradition; the first of which is putting up the lights on the first weekend of December. I used to do this with Dad every year since I was very little. We started with a humble set of party lightbulbs and added a new set every year... I used to walk the boulevard on a balmy evening with the family; dreaming that I lived in a street lit up like that. Fast-forward 20 years and I am. If only he could see my house now.


No comments: